To provide comprehensive reviews of the Company’s business processes, internal controls, and risk management practices.
Conduct and lead audits of Company departments or programs designed to ensure that an adequate internal control structure exists, risks are properly identified and managed, and process efficiency is improved.
• Prioritize and schedule audits based on the audit plan and the needs of the Company.
• Evaluate and appraise the functions and processes of each department or program prior to audit, with an emphasis on internal controls, risk exposure, and profitability.
• Design and execute appropriate objectives, scope, and work programs for audits based upon review of documented procedures and discussions with departmental management and supervisory executives.
• Independently evaluate and appraise documented policies and procedures of each department or program to ensure they are comprehensive and appropriate.
• Prepare a written report on the findings of each audit with recommendations for new or changed policies, procedures, internal controls, and/or process improvements.
Provide compliance support for Company departments in the areas of internal controls, risk and exposure and process improvements
• Ensure utilization of documented procedures within each department, assisting departments in development of written procedures as necessary.
• Engage in mediation process with audited department as to implementation; refer irreconcilable recommendations to departmental management.
• Follow up on approved recommendations within scheduled time frames.
• Participate in process and internal control improvement initiatives.
Provide expertise, project management, and guidance both inside and outside the Internal Audit function
• Consult with external auditors where appropriate.
• Assist with discrete internal control and risk management functions as assigned.
• Identify and assess strategic risks.
• Participate in the development of the annual audit plan and internal audit risk assessment.
Maintain current professional practice knowledge and educate constituencies
• Participate in professional organizations relevant to the internal audit field
• Stay abreast of new regulations and accounting standards affecting the company and the insurance industry.
• Provide regular education about audit requirements, regulatory compliance, and process efficiency to customers and other constituencies as requested.
Bachelors degree (B.S. or B.A.) from a four year college or university in finance, accounting, business, insurance, or related field and a minimum of three to five years relevant training and progressive experience in internal auditing including experience in operational, financial, and compliance auditing, or experience in IT auditing or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP) and internal audit standards required.
Valid California drivers license. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Services Auditor (CISA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is desired.
ICW Group - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -