The Internal Auditor at Mercy College will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the Director of Internal Auditing in completing the Annual Audit Plan as approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees.
-Develop and conduct audits as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit. This includes planning and developing the audit scope and objectives, testing the adequacy of controls, verifying accuracy of documentation and compliance with laws, regulations, and sound operating policies and procedures.
-Audit field work includes interviewing staff, documenting process understanding via flowcharts, and documenting and completing risk and control matrix, work plans.
-Prepare comprehensive draft reports of audits for review by the Director of Internal Audit, identifying areas of weakness and recommend corrective actions that should be taken.
- Present and discuss audit findings with key people in the audited entities.
- Conduct follow-up inquires on status of approved action plans and provide assistance in their implementation.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Education Required or Min Education Required:
- CPA/ MBA preferred
Experience and/or Skills Required:
- CPA/ MBA preferred
-Minimum 3 years' experience in audit or accounting. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Familiarity with information systems operations and controls.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
Public accounting experience is preferred.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Interested candidates should send cover letter stating salary requirements and resume as attachments by a applying online at https://jobs.mercy.edu For more information about the College, visit www.mercy.edu
Mercy College is an AA/EOE/ADA Employer.
Mercy College - 30+ days ago