SUMMARY: The Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting Air Methods’ internal audit department in all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and 302 compliance efforts, the accounting and securities law compliance hotline investigations, and internal audit projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct assigned audits with moderate guidance and direction from management;
- Gather and analyze data to give objective and informed opinions regarding the accuracy and reasonableness of audited areas;
- Use professional judgment to help assess the materiality of findings, and recommend corrective actions to improve compliance. Participate in the generation of creative and executable strategies;
- Assist in determining the impact of control failures, and ensure that either appropriate mitigating factors exist or that remediation plans address the failure;
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports and discuss findings with affected management;
- Maintain working knowledge of PCAOB standards, FASB standards (as they relate to projects and/or SOX), general control processes and best practices;
- Assist in annual scoping efforts for Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance;
- Identify audit risks, control weaknesses, and enhancement opportunities with respect to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance and internal audit projects;
- Assist in maintaining all SOX related documentation, including risks and controls, flowcharts, gap analyses, process certifications, internal control test plans, results and other reports;
- Help ensure that the Company’s controls are correctly identified, documented, tested and re-tested as necessary with specific focus on those processes, systems, and applications that have financial impact and/or that generate financial transactions;
- Participate in and/or lead meetings involving information services, management, consultants, external auditors and/or other constituents;
- Perform special projects as assigned by internal audit management;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree required. Accounting degree is preferred, other degrees such as finance or business management may be considered if they have audit experience.
Experience: 0 – 3 years of hands-on audit experience performing financial, and/or operational audits or hands-on operational experience. Working knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404.
System Experience: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook,
Skills: flowcharting, good report writing skills, ability to identify risks and controls within a process, ability to communicate effectively, ability to manage time with little supervision, ability to work in a team environment, ability to build rapport with process owners.
Experience: SOX, healthcare and/or aviation experience.
System Experience: Access, Visio, Solomon Accounting systems knowledge
Skills: excellent report writing skills (including grammar).
Interfaces With: All levels of the organization
- Travel up to 10% may be required for this position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Typical office environment
Air Methods - 21 months ago
Air Methods has built its reputation on a commitment to quality patient care and safety in aviation operations. Since 1980, we have been...