Department : Accounting & Finance
Location : Southfield, MI
Job Title : Internal Auditor
Status : Full-Time
Reference Code : InternalAuditorWEB2013
Be part of a talented and respected team composed of five individuals whose purpose is to add value to the Company by partnering with the business to provide independent and objective assurance and consulting services. Help design and apply a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the Company’s processes from an efficiency, risk management, control, and governance perspective. This position is located in Southfield, Michigan and will report to the Internal Audit Managers. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Assess internal controls over financial reporting with respect to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (“S-Ox 404”)
- Maintain internal control documentation
- Design and perform tests of controls
- Report any identified deficiencies and coordinate remediation and re-testing
- Work with process owners to adapt controls to address changes in the business
- Keep current on new control standards and best practices and impart knowledge to others
- Perform quarterly financial statement assurance procedures
- Provide direct assistance to the external auditors
- Perform financial, operational, and compliance audits
- Use data acquisition and analysis tools to identify risks, test assertions, and provide recommendations
- Help prepare high quality reports on findings
- Identify recommendations for improvement
- Help maintain a partnership with internal customers throughout the audit process and ensure the Internal Audit team is seen as a group of trusted professionals that execute value-added processes
Preferred Competency/Behavioral Profile
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or enough accounting credits to have sat for the CPA exam)
- C.P.A. and C.I.A. strongly preferred; individual will be expected to work toward receiving their Certified Internal Auditor designation if not already earned. C.I.S.A. is a plus
- Requires 1-2 years of public accounting (Big 4 or large regional firm strongly preferred) and/or internal audit experience at a publicly-traded company (a professional services firm is a plus)
- Experience with SEC registrants is preferred
- Experience with international companies is preferred
- Requires knowledge and understanding of business processes and controls
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Knowledge of IT risks is a plus.
- Requires high level of analytical abilities
- Computer data acquisition and analysis skills is a plus
- Passion for understanding processes and risk
- Unquestionable integrity
- Objective / independent
- Healthy skepticism / inquisitive / curious
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy (e.g. testing results, report writing, etc)
- Highly driven / high energy / deadline sensitive
- Confident / “can do” attitude
- Manage multiple and competing priorities effectively
- People person - ability to work with all types of individuals and comfortable around upper management
To apply, send cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org including:
AlixPartners is an AA/EEO employer.
- First name, last name and the job reference: InternalAuditorWEB2013 in the subject line of your email.
- Your resume.
- A cover email. Be sure to addressing the following:
- Have you previously applied to or interviewed with AlixPartners?
- Have you worked with AlixPartners on an engagement or in any other capacity?
- Do you know anyone at AlixPartners?