The internal auditor will perform financial, compliance, and operational audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. An audit will consist of reviewing the accounting and financial data of various departments within the organization to ensure completeness and accuracy of the financial records; strong internal control environments, and compliance with company standards, accounting standards, and regulatory requirements.
The auditor's primary duties will consist of the following:
1. Performing initial risk assessments
2. Conducting preliminary meetings with management
3. Developing audit programs and test plans
4. Evaluating internal controls and operating efficiencies
5. Conducting Audit – narratives, flowcharts, test of controls, and substantive audit tests (inspections, observations, re-performances, recalculations, analytics, etc.)
6. Compiling clear and concise audit work papers with conclusions that are supported by the work papers
7. Developing audit recommendations
8. Working with management in resolution and implementation of recommendations
1. Working with the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance team as needed.
2. Performing special projects as deemed necessary by management.
Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree with a major in accounting
One to Three years auditing experience required; preferably P&C insurance experience and/or Big 4 experience.
Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
AmTrust North America - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Insurance holding company AmTrust Financial Services likes a mix of businesses on its plate. Its subsidiaries offer a range of commercial...