Perform audits and review internal controls of various organizational and functional areas to safeguard the assets of the Corporation.
Design, execute and manage operational and financial audit programs in accordance with professional and internal departmental standards.
Facilitate internal control development, compliance and education.
Assist in the preparation of the materials for meetings of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
Prepare audit reports and discuss reports with appropriate management.
Maintain effective working relationships with executive and operating management.
Support the work of the external auditors.
Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years work-related experience in public accounting/auditing in a corporate or manufacturing environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Experience in assessing internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, Word)
- Experience with high performance work teams
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally 25-40%
- MBA/CPA/CIA/CISA/CFE preferred
- Experience in auditing IT systems/controls
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...