American Heritage FCU, an $1.3 billion+ financial institution, has an immediate opening for an Internal Auditor. We are seeking an accomplished professional to apply their expertise in auditing and compliance to assist us in meeting our regulatory requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an established and growing financial institution.
Responsibilities will include managing, implementing and ensuring compliance with all applicable financial laws and regulations pertaining to Bank Secrecy Act, Patriot Act, and OFAC; ensuring internal controls are adequate to comply with the Credit Union goals, objectives, policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations;
Conducting periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends. Provide assistance to external auditors and examiners as well as building professional business relationships with regulatory agencies, auditors, appraisers, and business associates.
- At least 3-5 years of auditing and regulatory compliance experience, preferably within a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- General understanding of the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Audit required.
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment to solve complex problems.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for servicing and communicating with internal staff as well as external auditors & vendors, management and the Board of Directors.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational, and time management skills a must.
- An advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word required. Knowledge of Symitar, Yellow Hammer, and Raddon (MCIF System) software preferred.