Job Title: Internal Auditor
FLSA Status: Exempt
American Strategic Insurance (ASI) is a leading writer of Property and Casualty products domiciled in Florida. We are currently looking for an Internal Auditor. ASI offers Personal Lines Property products in over 20 US states and is currently in the process of expanding into multiple states over the next two years.
This position will be responsible for evaluating the company’s internal controls, processes, policies and procedures to ensure that they are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory principles, industry standards and corporate guidelines. This position will also be responsible for maintaining the company’s Enterprise Risk Management program through interaction with the board of directors and senior management.
- In accordance with Board directives, develops, monitors and reviews departmental internal control policies, procedures and processes
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques
- Identifies internal control gaps in business procedures, processes or systems, and initiates appropriate remedial action
- Reports written findings and recommendations to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Ensures that documentation for all processes across the organization is reviewed and updated periodically
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor
- Assists in the preparation of “Management’s Report of Internal Control over Financial Reporting” in accordance with NAIC Model Audit Rule
- Identifies emerging industry issues and assesses their implications for the company
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards and best practices
- Interacting with and communicating results to employees, business unit leaders and senior management
- Various ad-hoc projects as assigned
- BA/BS in business-related field, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or CIA highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with auditing internal controls highly preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 is mandatory
- Experience with NAIC Model Audit Rule, a plus
- Experience in the property and casualty insurance industry, a plus
- Ability to research, assimilate information, apply strong problem solving and analysis skills to make decisions
- Excellent verbal/, written communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work overtime when needed
The ASI Culture and Benefits
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, such as 100% employer-paid PPO health insurance for employees, 6% matching on our 401k retirement plan, PTO leave, employer-paid life insurance, and much more!
We are a drug-free workplace. Prior to accepting a position offered at ASI, candidates must consent to pre-employment drug testing. Any offer of employment extended is contingent upon the results of the drug test.