Summary: This position is responsible for independent oversight of the Internal Audit program and reports directly to the Audit Committee. Additionally, this position will provide on-going oversight of control points for lending; maintaining a Quality Assurance Review Program independent of the lending function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for scheduling external auditors and ensuring the requests for information are provided to the consultants. Then serves as the point person for regulatory examination teams, ensuring requests for information are provided. All requests for conversations and additional information are funneled through this person.
2. Circulates draft audit reports to ensure appropriate management responses, target completion dates and risk type are identified.
3. Reviews (Enterprise Risk Management) ERM Tracking updates and analyzes documentation to ensure the issue has been adequately resolved. If the issue is satisfied with a change in process, conduct and document a subsequent test to ensure the control points are still in place 60 days after the issue was resolved.
4. Maintains and updates the Audit Calendar and Branch Audit schedules. Performs reviews or branch Audits when needed.
5. Quality Assurance Loan Review – performs when necessary pre and post closing reviews, establishes a tracking mechanism to ensure deficiencies noted are recognized or appropriately resolved. Prepares a quarterly report for the Audit Committee that includes a summary Dash Board.
6. Monitors Fair Lending reviews, denials, exceptions and track to identify trends. Prepares a quarterly summary report for the Audit Committee including a summary Dash Board.
7. Acts collaboratively with business partners to answer questions, clarify audit issue findings and or assist in arriving at the most effective and efficient resolution to reasonably comply with regulatory requirements.
8. Acts as the liaison between the Internal Auditor (if outsourced), the Financial Auditor and the Risk/Compliance Department to ensure the Audit Committee Agendas capture all audits and or policies to meet their charter requirements.
9. Confers with Audit Committee Chair to set meeting agendas, take minutes and perform follow up duties from meetings.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five or more years of relevant banking, accounting, auditing or regulatory experience with proven knowledge of internal controls
• Experience with bank operational functions relevant to the institution
• Proven ability to read and interpret compliance and security manuals
• Effective verbal and written communications, especially in report writing and delivery
• Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with bank employees at varying levels with a high level of professionalism
• Proven ability to inform peers, subordinates and superiors of the requirements and needs of the bank and to implement recommendations to reduce, mitigate or eliminate risks
• General understanding of job functions within Risk Administration is expected
• Excellent organizational and financial management skills with the ability to prioritize time, tasks and resources
• Proficient working knowledge of computer-based spreadsheets and other standard software; proficient with calculator and general office equipment
• Proven ability to manage change, be creative in solving risk management issues and able to adapt to new and changing conditions
• Proven ability to work independently and indirectly manage others who are hierarchically at different levels in the bank, to deliver expected results
Since Androscoggin Bank began its proud history in 1870 the goal of the bank has been to be a financial partner and resource to the...