The individual will be responsible for assisting the Internal Audit Manager in providing internal audit coverage to all U.S. operating companies (Balfour Beatty Construction, Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Balfour Beatty Rail, Heery, and Balfour Beatty Communities) within the Group.
· Perform a wide range of contract, division/region, and business process reviews, which will involve assessing key risks and identifying and reviewing those controls put in place by management.
· Perform financial reviews.
· Discuss and agree findings with relevant management.
· Prepare reports on findings arising from those reviews.
· Make recommendations for the enhancement and improvement of control procedures.
· Follow up with Operation Divisions /Company management to ensure action plans have been implemented.
· In addition, the individual will assist the Internal Audit Manager by conducting ad hoc assignments as requested.
Promote Customer Relations
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Builds effective relationships with project teams, functional departments, customers, vendors, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
- Promotes our Creed. Communicates our vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in personal career development through training, participates in software training and seminars as applicable for this position.
Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Description - Requirements
50% travel required.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge
Balfour Beatty Construction is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting a diverse workplace.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in accounting or related field.
- Two to five years of progressively responsible accounting and auditing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable to the hiring authority.
- Ability to possess the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). Knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP), auditing standards (GAAS), governmental accounting standards (GASB) and governmental accounting systems. Ability to understand and apply state laws, regulations and federal compliance requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, employees of organizations and/or administrators.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts as they relate to auditing and fiscal analysis to include accounting and the budget.
Balfour Beatty Construction is deep in the heart of Texas -- and beyond. The company provides start-to-finish project management,...