The Internal Auditor conducts audits of the Credit Union to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records and efficiency of operations; provides documentation of the Credit Union's internal control systems; reports findings and makes recommendations. Responsible for ensuring the policies and procedures of the Credit Union comply with the appropriate laws and regulations.
- Performs assigned audit procedures (account and loan reviews) and recommends enhancements to the Credit Union's operating systems. Coordinates responses to audit findings including NCUA Exam Findings.
- Performs evaluations of the Credit Union's internal control systems by maintenance of permanent files incorporating narrative descriptions, flowcharts, memos, etc.; reports findings and recommendations.
- Performs financial audit procedures on the Credit union's financial records and reports findings and recommendations.
- Analyzes new and pending laws and regulations which will affect the Credit Union's operations, ensures compliance with the applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
- Attends Supervisory Committee Meetings to present findings.
- Position reports to CEO and Supervisory Committee.
- 2 - 5 years similar or related experience is required.
- A college degree preferred.
- Previous financial institution experience a plus!
Baton Rouge Telco Federal Credit Union - 2 years ago