Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. We currently consist of 13 regional companies in 38 states and 6 Canadian Provinces with 229 locations and more than 2,800 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon’s mission is to be the leading North American supplier to commercial and residential roofing and exterior building contractors through a family of long-established regional suppliers and to add value to our contractor customers' businesses, to our employees' careers, to our investors' assets, and to our suppliers' products.
Our local branches stock a comprehensive product line that caters to their markets. In addition to roofing, local product offerings can include windows, siding, decking, waterproofing and many other external building products. Our status as a leader in our industry allows us to develop strong partnerships with leading brand manufacturers and to stock an unmatched supply of the professional components necessary for the quality, timely completion of our contractor-customers projects.
We provide our customers with a comprehensive array of value-added services which distinguish us from our competition. We have earned a reputation for excellent employees, professionalism and high-quality service. We believe that quality service does not end with the delivery of materials – it ends with the successful completion of the project. As a result, “partnerships” are formed between Beacon branches and our customers that go beyond the industry norm.
Beacon has grown by expanding its existing regions and by making strategic acquisitions. Our business is well-balanced between new and re-roof applications in both residential and commercial markets. A highly scalable platform, a proven business model, results-oriented management and a strong people-focused corporate culture give us a solid foundation for continued growth.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006 Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Beacon is a FORTUNE 1000 company.
We are currently seeking an Internal Auditor for our corporate audit team. This position will report to the Director, Internal Audit and Internal Audit Manager. Beacon is open to relocating the right candidate for this role.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with internal audit assignments, such as Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance audits, as well as operational and financial reviews/audits throughout the company.
- Assist in providing recommendations that add value and/or create greater efficiencies with respect to operations and financial reporting. Ensure completion of assigned projects on schedule.
- Execute assignments related to operational auditing, financial auditing, and SOX compliance.
- Maintain Internal Audit independence and objectivity in all assignments.
- Responsible for executing audits within the parameters of a defined project plan, providing knowledge of auditing standards.
- Demonstrate basic project management skills to ensure timely and efficient completion of assigned tasks or projects.
- Executing internal audit procedures for achieving audit objectives and goals.
- Assist in preparing audit reports and verbally communicating audit results.
- Participate in special assignments as necessary.
- Assist with the annual company-wide risk assessment and preparation of the annual audit plan.
- Stay abreast of internal audit best practices.
- Reflect the company’s values and demonstrate high ethical standards.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Two or more years of accounting/audit experience, including at least two years of management experience, with a minimum of three years of public accounting and/or internal audit experience
- Public company experience preferred. Multi-location experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in both internal audit and external audit roles.
- Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance. CPA, CIA, CMA, MBA, and/or MS Finance preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of GAAP, internal controls and Auditing Standards.
- Some familiarity with COSO and COBIT frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work closely with people at all levels of the organization and help facilitate the implementation of corrective action.
- Basic project management skills.
- Ability to work independently at times.
- Experienced with SOX and risk assessment methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong business acumen and analytical mindset with the ability to lead, implement, and facilitate change.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and process orientation.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong ability to work in changing environment, see through complexity.
- Ability to be effective in a highly matrixed environment, to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization and drive change and corrective action.
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture.
- Must be able to think and act strategically, but also be willing to “roll up sleeves” for the internal audit function.
- Willing to travel, approximately up to 40% of the time, to locations throughout the U.S. and Canada
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. - 18 months ago