Interna l Auditor
Herndon , VA (Washington DC)
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is one of the largest distributors of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America ($2.3B revenues in 2012). We currently consist of 13 regional companies in 40 states and 6 Canadian Provinces with 240 locations and more than 3,000 employees. We are known throughout the building supply industry for having quality people, quality service and quality building products.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006 Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Beacon is a FORTUNE 1000 company.
We are currently seeking an Internal Auditor for our corporate audit team. This is an exciting and rewarding career opportunity that will report to the Director of Internal Audit.
The Responsibilities Include:
- Working as a partner with regional Controllers and corporate finance team to perform value-added operational and financial audits to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- To assist in reviewing the company’s accounting in compliance with GAAP for major transactions in goodwill, intangibles, vendor discounts, derivatives, reserves, inventory, foreign currency translation, etc.
- Perform operational effectiveness testing of controls over significant accounts, disclosures and processes, as part of the company’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance initiative.
- Assist in preparing draft audit reports to effectively and persuasively communicate findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Assist the team in performing due diligence, financial statement, and internal control reviews over acquisitions to ensure effective integration and consolidation of such entities into the corporate structure and consolidated financial statements.
- Assist the Big 4 external audit Firm in the execution of the annual integrated audit process.
- Demonstrate aptitude to understand information technology controls and systems, and applicable frameworks as they impact business processes and financial and operational reporting.
- Perform other ad-hoc assignments as deemed necessary by the Sr. Internal Auditor.
- A Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting or related field (CPA preferred or a candidate).
- Up to two years of public accounting or internal audit experience.
- Desire to learn public company SOX compliance and understanding of risk assessment methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal with senior levels of management on control and finance matters.
- Aptitude to grasp complex accounting and control issues with the most positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Experience working in a high performance work environment and team oriented culture.
- Willingness to travel approximately, 30% of the time to locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and IDEA.
A n Equal Opportunity Employer
For your privacy and protection , when applying for a job online, it is advisable not to:
To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Provide your social security number to a prospective employer,
- Provide credit card or bank account information or
- Perform any sort of monetary transaction.
Not ready to apply?
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard