Internal Audit/Sarbanes Oxley – 404 Compliance
We are seeking a candidate to join the Internal Audit group for this International Multi-entity Fortune 500 company.
The successful candidate will:
Conduct internal audits to verify the accuracy of records and compliance with standards, policies and procedures, including audits of internal controls as required under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), detailed below:
- Creating audit plans and executing audit
- Prepare draft reports which include summaries, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Document financial statement processes and identify related controls
- Assist with the implementation of identified controls and adherence to company processes and procedures
- Develop programs to test the operating effectiveness of the key controls identified
- Document the results and conclusions of the testing procedures performed
- Continually identify areas of improvement to documentation and testing for future periods
- Prepare clear concise records including the documentation, testing procedures, testing support, results and conclusions
- Identify and communicate areas of concern or operating weaknesses to key members of management
- Keep abreast of changes within key areas and understand the impact of changes in SOX compliance
Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy, and application of financial and other operation controls to ensure effective control at reasonable costs which aims to provide assurance to management, detailed below:
Increase industry knowledge to aide in the application of audit techniques to ensure proper identification of risks and controls. Understand how the Company’s current execution of end to end process processes compares to industry standards.
- Review compliance with established policies, procedures, and business practices to ensure effective operations
- Partner with audit clients to identify constructive and value-added solutions to address issues identified.
- Recommend operation improvements which ensure that proper controls are exercised over all aspects of the business and that company assets are conserved, protected, and accurately reflected.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of audit results and strive to improve their communication to appropriate management levels to maximize the value of audit services.
- Appraise the quality of performance of audited groups in carrying out their assigned responsibilities, which ensures a proper balance of controls to risks, removes unnecessary complexity, and adopts cost-effective measures.
- Consult with business clients to redesign/reengineer business processes.
- Identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening management controls
May participate in other assigned financial projects in conjunction with the compliance and/or corporate finance group.
A successful candidate must possess:
- BS/BA degree in Accounting and possess one plus years of auditing / accounting experience.
- Public accounting experiences a plus.
- CPA or CIA designation a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Word is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with people of all levels of the organization are essential.
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational, analytical & problem solving skills.
- The ability to multi-task is essential.
Travel approximately 15%.
Bed Bath & Beyond - 15 months ago
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBB) has everything you need to play "house" for real. It's the nation's #1 superstore domestics...