Big Careers! Big Opportunities!
Our people make Big Lots a great place to shop -- and a great place to work. We're looking for people committed to delivering great service. Who live and breathe retailing. Who want a career with terrific opportunities, challenges and rewards.
Whether you're interested in our retail division, distribution and transportation services or our corporate office, we'd like to hear from you. Big Lots is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We have over 1,500 stores in North America and five regional distribution centers -- and there's always room for great people.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a drug-free workplace.
Assist the Internal Audit Manager and the Business Process Owners with Sarbanes-Oxley project documentation and testing. Perform audits as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assists in establishing corporate policy in all SOX related matters by understanding and interpreting regulatory requirements related to SOX.
- Assists in the assessment of internal controls design and the development of internal controls testing procedures & methods to reach an assessment as to the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Performs and documents required independent testing of key controls and identifies control gaps in conjunction with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. Performs process documentation for SOX. Liaise with Process Owners to assess key SOX controls.
- Prepares summaries of testing results and interfaces with Company’s independent auditors.
- As time permits, assists in the planning of operational and compliance audits and conducts such audits.
- Prepares audit work papers in compliance with internal audit policies and IIA standards
- Evaluates audit observations and drafts recommendations to improve policies, procedures, efficiency and controls.
- Follows up on recommendations to ensure they are implemented timely and effectively.
- Performs special investigations and projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years related accounting experience (Big 4 preferred) or comparable private industry internal audit experience preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/ areas/ functions required.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment required.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment required.
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations required.
- Knowledge of retail industry preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including spreadsheet, word processing and presentation programs required. ACL and SAP experience preferred.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Big Lots, Inc. (NYSE: BIG) is a unique, non-traditional, discount retailer operating 1,495 Big Lots stores...