Financial Internal Auditor Responsibilities:
Financial Analyst Responsibilities
- Plan and conduct reviews of the financial status and operating procedures of the organization.
- Prepare reports on findings and recommend improvements in policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Assist outside auditors in audits of the organization.
- Particpates in internal audits and works with other personnel to ensure all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements efficiencies in financial processes
- Reviews cycle counts results and performs test counts
- Reviews disbursements for proper coding and expense vs. capitalization
General Accounting Responsibilities
- Identifies implications of financial ratios, model results and analysis and communicates usable information to senior executives
- Prepares analysis of model results and comparison to actual results
- Interpret and communicate results of analysis of model results compared to actual results
- Assists in month-end closing, financial statement preparation, and distribution
- Prepare month end account reconciliations and calculates reserve/allowance adjustments
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with GAAP as well as IRS and other regulatory agencies.
- Manages acquisition accounting and related service issues
- Prepares and records month end journal entries
- Responsible for maintenance of corporate fiscal records
- Maintains general ledger
- Advises on best practices and establishes change control documentation and ensures compliance with policies and procedures
- Identifies areas for improvement
- Responsible for keeping up to date on all regulatory changes affecting the company as they related to the finance and accounting department.
- Has input into the training needs of less experienced team members.
- Assists less-experienced peers.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Create and maintain support for maintenance of corporate records and maintenance of policy and procedure manual.
- Evaluates analytical tools and makes recommendations for additions or changes.
- Manages acquisition accounting and related service issues.
Knowledge and Experience
- Financial Statement preparation & analysis
- Experience mfg/logistics/distribution preferred
- Experience moving from legacy to ERP preferred
- Audit/Compliance Experience a plus
- Developing Organizational Budgets
- Math Concepts and Application
- Understand and Apply Financial Data
Brownells - 18 months ago