Performs professional internal auditing work. Work involves conducting financial, operational and compliance audit projects; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; and providing input to development of the Annual Audit Plan. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under supervision with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assists in identifying and evaluating the organization’s risk areas and provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan and ongoing risk assessments.
2. Performs audit procedures, including evaluating suitability of control design and operating effectiveness, determining compliance with policies and procedures, identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
3. Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares working papers.
4. Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
5. Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
6. Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
7. Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
8. Represents Internal Audit on organizational project teams and at management meetings.
9. Performs related work as assigned by audit management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least two years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
2. A graduate degree in business administration, accounting or a related field, or a second certification (CIA, CPA, CBA or CISA) is preferred.
3. Experience in the banking industry, auditing, finance, accounting or related field.
4. Big 4 or public accounting experience is highly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
High Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
High Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Internet software, Spreadsheet software (ex. MS Excel), Word Processing Software (ex. MS Word), Presentation Software (ex. MS Powerpoint), 10-key calculator. Experience with audit software and/or data analytics tools.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification such as CIA, CPA, CBA or CISA or working towards receiving one.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Capital Bank Corporation owns about a quarter of Capital Bank, NA, which has more than 140 offices in the Carolinas, Florida, Tennessee,...