Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high-strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever-changing needs of the automotive, aerospace, energy, industrial, medical, defense, and consumer products industries.
(no relocation assistance available)
- Work with moderate guidance to perform professional internal auditing work in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Participate in performance, operational and compliance audit projects using standard procedures to solve a range of business and functional issues in relatively straightforward situations.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating the organization's audit risk areas and provide input into the development of the risk-based annual internal audit plan.
- Utilize standard internal audit procedures to identify and define process-level issues in multiple business functions.
- Assist in identifying criteria, review and analyze evidence and document processed and procedures for internal audit working papers.
- Conduct interviews, review documents, assist with surveys, compose summary memos, and prepare working papers.
- Assist in the identification, development and documentation of audit issues with assistance from others as needed.
- Participate in communicating the results of audit and consulting project via written reports and oral presentations on a timely basis.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four year relevant college degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or a related business discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience as determined by department management. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or similar certification preferred but not required. 1+ years in internal auditing, external auditing, operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation.
- Basic knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices. Knowledge of the Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Basic knowledge of contemporary risk management, control techniques and control frameworks. Also, management information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work in a fast paced and changing work environment. Goal oriented and results driven, high energy. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to utilize knowledge of systems and processes to optimize work flow. Effectiveness with multiple information systems, both enterprise and PC-based.
Carpenter Technology offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V