The Internal Audit Department supports management, the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee by objectively appraising the reliability of internal controls, identifying areas for improvement and monitoring corrective action.
Brief Description of Role:
Our newly formed Internal Audit department is looking for a strategic Director to be responsible for independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. The Director will also be responsible for liaising with the Firm’s risk and compliance functions, the external co-sourcing provider and the Federal Financial Regulatory Examiners.
This role will offer the opportunity to work in diverse areas of the business and gain a rare broad perspective of all operations and activities. Therefore, the incumbent will have involvement in major change activities, giving him/her the opportunity to influence the direction in which Internal Audit develops.
The Director will report to the Executive Vice President of Internal Audit, and at this time be an individual contributor.
- At least 10 years of experience and the proven ability to deliver results in Public Accounting, Internal Audit or Financial Control in the Financial Services industry.
- Professional certifications such as CPA/CA, CIA or CISA strongly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) of the Institution of Internal Auditors (IIA), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, and controls frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree in finance and accounting or equivalent field required.
- Ability to execute on a strategic vision.
- A passion for building new processes.
The Charles Schwab Corporation (NYSE: SCHW) has been a leader in financial services for more than three decades. Through advocacy and...