Under general supervision, assist with completion of the annual corporate audit plan. Assist in reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of Church Mutual's system of internal accounting and operating controls. Review accounting and audit data for proper recording, assembling, and documentation. Analyze data and systems and controls, gather data for internal audit, research laws and regulations, and review internal policies and standards. Provide supporting documentation and assist Church Mutual's independent auditor, state insurance departments, and federal and state regulatory agencies.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or similar discipline is required.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation or the desire and ability to earn these designations is preferred.
- Exposure to IT auditing is beneficial.
- Ability to apply accounting and auditing principles, theories, and concepts to any accounting system or organizational process.
- Ability to use appropriate accounting and auditing theory, practice, and analytical skills to review and interpret accounting data and procedural control results.
- Strong written and verbal communication and relationship building skills. Ability to translate audit results into a variety of accepted management and outside party reports.
- System knowledge and familiarity.
- Ability to gain an understanding of all audit program requirements.
- Ability to gain an understanding of all internal and external audit reporting format and audit schedules.
- Three to five years' experience as an insurance industry auditor or accountant or other comparable financial work experience is required.
Church Mutual Insurance Company - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
A reverend, a deacon, and an insurance salesman walk into a bar... Perhaps not, but they do have business together. Church Mutual is the...