Assist in the design, performance, maintenance, and reporting on an internal operational audit/review program for Computershare. Assist in developing and maintaining documentation standards for the demonstration of compliance with various regulatory programs. Work with Process Improvement to address any operational issues uncovered through the internal audit program and/or any third-party review.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Review Operational areas of the company. Select samples, pull and analyze data, document results and report findings to Department heads, the Executive Committee, and the Computershare Risk and Audit Committee.
- Assist in the development of creating audit programs, audit work papers, performing testing, and writing audit reports.
- Work with Business Units to develop Process Improvements to address operation issues identified through the Audits performed.
- Review and report any trends in operational review results and/or trends in reporting results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Audit documentation skills.
- Ability to "interview" operational and management personnel in order to gain an understanding of fundamental and essential aspects of various processes.
- Ability to work with various individuals in every department to access and understand information, documentation, and data required for analysis.
- Ability to understand and execute existing audit methodologies and to design and/or redesign methodologies in order to attain the most effective results.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for documenting and reporting the results.
- Strong Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Visio skills.
- Ability to learn, understand, and utilize company proprietary applications.
- Between 4 – 8 years experience in External Audit, Internal Audit, or combination of both
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid proven track record of audit performance
Computershare is the world’s largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry’s innovations to...