Computershare US Internal Audit is part of the broader, global Computershare Audit, Assurance and Anti-fraud team with Audit personnel located in each of the primary Computershare regions.
The Audit team contributes to and performs audits of business departments, processes, products, or functions with a view to improving controls, increasing efficiency and decreasing risk. This is a role where audits are designed to help the business achieve their objectives by providing targeted review and consultancy. All of our work is planned in conjunction with business management and is focused on the highest priority areas.
This is not a typical Internal Audit role. There is minimal financial auditing, minimal ticking and tying, and minimal travel. Our focus is on business risks – e.g. technology, operations, commercial, legal, people, and strategic risks. You will need a good understanding of these, and be able to apply them to your audits in the context of the company's risk appetite.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Contribute to the annual audit plan with considered input based on Business Unit and company knowledge.
- Perform planning stages of audits incorporating full review of audit standard considerations.
- Perform audit activities in an effective, timely and quality manner.
- Complete audits in accordance with CPU internal audit process and protocols.
- Ensure the effective communication (both verbal and written) of audit output.
- Ensure that issues identified are fully understood by the auditee and appropriate action plans are defined as a result.
- Perform special and ad-hoc projects to Professional standards, including internal audit process related projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; a minimum 1-3 years of experience in an audit role within a commercial organization.
- Knowledge of risk management principles and processes, operational effectiveness techniques, profitability influences, market place trends & technological advancements.
- A good working knowledge of common Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is required, as well as a familiarity with flow charting using Visio or other tools.
- Preferred: CPA, CIA, CMA, CISA, CISM
Computershare - 4 months ago
It's 10:00 PM -- do you know where your share values are? Computershare can probably help. The company provides investor services for...