Auditor - Internal
About Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with a robust company committed to changing students’ lives and doing the right thing, Corinthian Colleges, Inc. is the place for you. As one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America, we are on the cutting-edge of the industry and forging ahead into a new era of leadership, growth and innovation. We currently operate more than 100 campuses through Everest College, WyoTech and Heald College and are dedicated to delivering on the promise to our students. At CCi you’ll work with impassioned employees and have the support you need to make great things possible.
General Job Description:
You're organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills. In this role you will work under general supervision to perform regulatory compliance audits of schools and report the results to management. You will prepare and complete working papers to document audit results and will communicate them to all levels of corporate and school management. You will monitor progress, budget variances, schedule changes, and all other regulatory issues that arise. Most importantly, you will ensure that our organization is functioning at optimal levels and will make a difference in the lives of many!
• Under supervision, perform regulatory compliance audits of schools and report results to management; interact with all levels of corporate and school management; manage and perform individual projects and work as part of a team
• Perform compliance and Sarbanes Oxley audits in accordance with the yearly Internal Audit Plan
• Perform compliance and follow-up audits within a specified budgeted time period
• Prepare/complete working papers to document audit results
• Communicate results of audits to school and corporate management in verbal and written formats in a timely manner
• Keep Internal Audit management informed of audit progress, budget variances (over and under), schedule changes, regulatory issues requiring immediate and/or detailed attention, and other issues that arise
• Keep abreast of regulatory requirements and follow company policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects, training, etc.
• Bachelor's degree required with Business Administration emphasis
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or CGA, CA, or CMA preferred
• Knowledge of current changes and developments regarding regulations and company policies and procedures
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Ability to promote and maintain a cooperative work environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to persuade and influence others
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
United States-CA-Santa Ana
Corinthian Colleges - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our mission is to help students prepare for careers in demand or to advance in their chosen field. With more than 91,000 students as of June...