Job Posting |
The Internal Auditor in our Princeton, New Jersey Headquarters Office will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in audit projects
- Perform audit work, consulting services, special projects, and participate on subject matter specialist teams
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic audit skills and knowledge, including the use of analytical tools
- Evaluate whether risks to the company are identified and minimized, acceptable internal policies and procedures are followed, resources are used efficiently and economically and the organizations’ objectives are effectively achieved.
- Analyze business and audit risks related to financial processes and systems
- Assist in compliance with SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- Assist Audit Management with the enterprise-wide risk annual assessment resulting in the development of an annual audit plan
- Develop clear and concise written recommendations
- Perform as an effective and contributing team member and establish cooperative and positive working relationships
Because of our passion and drive, Covance attracts the kind of people whose contribution has resulted in our exceptional growth. Once a part of our talented team, our employees stay at Covance to work in an environment that encourages career development, allows them to work alongside respected colleagues on challenging projects and provides a diverse global culture.
There is no better time to join us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years relevant audit experience required; experience in Big 4, other major accounting firm, or large corporation internal audit experience preferred
-Significant experience required with Microsoft Office products, including Access
- Solid working knowledge of audit planning and documentation software
-Experience with analytical tools is a plus (ACL, Align GRC, Approva - Authorization Insights)
-Experience with PeopleSoft business applications v9.1 or other ERP environments is a plus
The successful candidate will be a dedicated, hard-working and enthusiastic professional possessing strong problem-solving skills; excellent auditing; technical; interpersonal and communication skills, high standards for quality and the ability to organize prioritize and manage tasks and work autonomously as needed.
Approximately 35% travel is required
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...