Cvent, Inc. is growing and seeking an Senior Auditor for our headquarters in McLean, VA. This role is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews for the Company’s global internal control assessment process through continuous improvement in internal control procedures and the development of efficient and effective testing protocols; provide governance and oversight of data stewardship; and lead special projects for the overall Finance organization. This includes a variety of audit activities like risk assessment of key financial line items and to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
The initial project will focus on global SOX compliance. As this is the start of our internal audit division, the person in this position must be career-oriented and demonstrate strong interest in continued professional growth. Individuals seeking a challenging, multifaceted role in a fast-paced work environment will enjoy the diverse responsibilities of this key position within our Finance department.
About the Job
- Evaluates and provides reasonable assurance that risk management, control, and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the Company’s objectives and goals to be met
- Reports risk management issues and internal control deficiencies identified directly to the Senior Manager and provides recommendations for improving the Company’s operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance
- Maintains and ensures compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
- Completes audit work papers by documenting audit tests and findings
- Appraises adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires
- Communicates audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with Senior Manager
- Execute work programs to test operational effectiveness of key controls using a variety of approaches, including sampling, corroboration, observation, performance, etc.
- Identify, evaluate, document, and monitor the remediation of control deficiencies
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- 2-4 years of experience with focus on internal audit and project management
- Thorough understanding of operational/financial risks of global public companies
- Experience working at a public company, ideally in the technology industry
- Ability to interface with executives effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting from a highly ranked university
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and are looking to take the initiative in your next position