Conduct assigned financial and operational audits and other projects in a manner consistent with Company objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform or assist in performing financial and operational audits in a professional manner.
- Provide input for revision of audit programs where necessary to accomplish audit objectives.
- Prepare audit workpapers documenting each audit step in the audit program. Ensure that information is presented clearly, concisely, accurately, in logical format.
- Make or assist in making oral or written presentations to management during and at conclusion of an audit, discussing deficiencies, recommending corrective action and suggesting improvements in internal controls.
- Interview persons in area under audit to gain understanding of how the system operates.
- Perform transaction and compliance testing to evaluate the existence, efficiency and effectiveness of internal control procedures.
- Assist the Company’s external auditors by preparing workpapers and schedules.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by Director, Internal Audit.
- Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the fields of internal audit and accounting and related matters of interest to the department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 1-3 years of related experience in the field of public accounting or internal audit.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with Company personnel and external auditors.
- Analytical skills necessary to develop factual reports and present findings through data-gathering, interpretation, compilation and analysis of information.
Dairy Farmers of America
- 2 years ago - save job