At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Express, one of the business units of DHL, takes care of global dispatch and delivery of parcel and express shipments. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL in an atmosphere where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
This position will be part of the audit team responsible for auditing the DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) Americas division . Under general supervision, following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, provide experienced, professional-level performance of auditing duties. Conduct and document moderately-complex audit projects. This includes financial and operational audits and special-purpose reviews to determine the reliability, accuracy and effectiveness of management operating and control systems.
1. Plan and conduct audits of accounting, administrative and operating activities to verify accuracy and ensure compliance with company policy. This may include reviewing internal controls, company business processes, policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, as well as documents, records, accounts, operations, costs and related factors, determining the nature and extent of auditing required, making adjustments to extending audit programs where necessary, analyzing functions and providing appraisals of internal control structure of functions or systems. This may also include inquiries and observations of appropriate personnel and the performance of data analysis utilizing audit software applied to company data files.
2. Verify adherence to company policies, procedures and operating rules, documenting work performed.
3. Review transactions and explore deviations from standard, as required, documenting work performed.
4. Document business processes. Evaluate internal controls related to the function under review. Test for existence of identified controls. Investigate irregularities and recommend corrective measures, documenting work performed.
5. Identify deviations, improvement in internal controls, opportunities for efficiencies, cost reduction and/or quality improvement as well as the associated business risk. Provide recommendation to address audit findings.
6. Recommend revisions to existing audit programs and develop effective audit programs for defined audit scope.
7. Prepare audit reports, summarizing the audit findings and recommendations for review by supervisors.
8. Prepare and present written and verbal reports of findings and recommendations to management.
9. Conduct special-purpose assignments.
1. Ability to work with and maintain strictly confidential information.
2. Effective customer-service skills.
3. Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
4. Ability to operate PC-based software or automated business data systems database.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in group presentation situations. Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management. Ability to respond to requests for information in a clear and understandable manner, via telephone and in writing.
6. Ability to resolve issues with flexibility and initiative.
7. Ability to work well under pressure independently, perform and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
8. Excellent record-keeping skills. Ability to update and maintain current and prior information.
9. As required by position, ability to travel for extended periods of time to domestic and international locations.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, a related field or equivalent education.
2. Three years financial and accounting/auditing, and/or management consulting or related experience.
3. Two years experience within Logistics industry, especially freight management business preferred.
DHL - 20 months ago