This position will perform audits, with supervision, for DeVry Inc. including testing, gathering, analyzing and evaluating data and documentation, prepare supporting workpapers, and adhere to project deadlines. This position will make recommendations to management including corrective actions, improvement of various processes, procedures and effective compliance and financial controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews internal controls for various business processes including SOX, operational, regulatory and information technology.
- Documents existing processes through interviews, observation and inquiry.
- Performs tests of internal controls.
- Serves as a liaison with key business areas.
- Identifies risks and key control activities.
- Works on special projects as requested.
- Travel up to 50% to DeVry Inc. locations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Understands and complies with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field.
- Certification is preferred. (CPA, CIA)
- Must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years of relevant business experience with a focus on internal auditing or regulatory compliance.
- At least 1 – 2 years of internal audit experience with a higher education institution or public accounting firm preferred.
- Experience with education compliance or regulation testing preferred.
- Strong leadership, self starter and analytical with the ability to work with limited direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to prepare and deliver information orally in formal or informal settings.
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and cooperation at all levels of the organization.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.