This position will participate in project-based assignments that are part of the Company's internal audit plan, including operational, compliance, financial, and information technology audits. In collaboration with senior audit professionals and process owners, this individual will participate in risk assessments related to key internal audits, as well as, play a key role in the execution of internal audit projects.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Develops a basic understanding of the Company's strategy and identify key business objectives and initiatives which support that strategy.
- Assists in the completion of all phases of the audit process including: planning, identifying risks, establishing objectives and scope of work, creating the audit program, execution of fieldwork, preparation of work papers, and meeting project budgets and deadlines.
- Assists in the preparation of preliminary audit observations ensuring that key issues and risks are addressed via the development of value-added recommendations and generating effective and reliable audit deliverables.
- Participates in opening and closing meetings for assigned internal audit projects and presentation of audit results and findings as needed.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure conformance with acceptable audit standards, plans, budgets and schedules.
- Manages individual time effectively.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside peers for knowledge sharing and benchmarking.
- Focuses on continual improvement by identifying opportunities for creating efficiencies in the planning, execution and reporting of internal audit projects.
- Builds and maintains influential working relationships with management, peers, internal audit team members, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Performs necessary travel to Company locations to complete Audit work (domestic travel ~ 5-10%).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required. Pursuing a professional certification (CPA, CIA) is preferred.
- 2-4 years of prior work experience in an internal audit or public accounting role (Big 4 experience preferred).
- Oil and gas industry experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required.
- Data analytics experience is a plus.
Desired Personal Characteristics :
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong active listening skills
- Strong inductive reasoning abilities
- Ability to handle various aspects of a project effectively
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills are required
- Ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Works well in a team environment
- Relates well to all kinds of people within the organization
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during good and bad times; and acts in line with those values
Compensation and Benefits
Denbury Resources offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Outstanding Denbury Benefits Include:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits on 1st Day of Employment!
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, with company contribution
- Great Long Term Incentives, i.e. Equity Opportunities
- 401k, including company match
- Generous Vacation/Sick Time
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Employer-paid Life, short term and long term insurance
- Gift Matching Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Club Reimbursement
- Relaxed work culture
Denbury Resources is an equal opportunity employer and is a Drug Free Environment.
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago