This position is responsible for the development of audit work programs and the utilization of these programs to review and assess the effectiveness of internal controls for assigned examinations while utilizing accepted department procedures. This position is expected to adhere to and support the mission statement, core values and customer service standards of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of business, organizational, audit and technological changes as well as pertinent internal and regulatory policy and procedural requirements to ensure audit integrity, process innovation and service quality
- Identify and report process improvements (value-added) observations for audited units that help enhance operational effectiveness, customer service quality and efficient use of bank resources
- Assist in completing the annual Audit Plan
- Prepare organized and logical work papers that outline results and identify issues
- Assist in completing Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained to substantiate all audit related issues
- Prepare reports of audit and investigative findings, related risks, causes and recommendations for improvement in an efficient, timely and concise manner.
- Participate on behalf of audit in special projects and investigations, policy and procedure reviews, new product and service development and new system application reviews
- Conduct follow-up activities to ensure audit findings are resolved.
- Communicate audit findings with management at the end of audit fieldwork through a discussion period and through written reports.
- Perform work relating to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process, including performing walk throughs updating process documentation and designing test plans and testing controls.
- Attend management approved training as deemed appropriate
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adherence to established regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Information Technology or a business discipline and/or equivalent experience preferred
- 2-4 years of full time audit experience
- CIA or CPA certification preferred
- Ability to exercise discretion, tactfully handle sensitive and confidential data and complete assignments in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skill
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment as well as meet deadlines is essential
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel