The Internal Auditor is primarily responsible for performing and documenting audits of Bank operations and special projects. Responsibilities include reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and operational procedures and internal controls to determine compliance with Bank policies and industry best practices.
1. Executes audits (planning and fieldwork) based on the audit plan and audit methodology. Documents planning & fieldwork results according to Audit Standards in a timely manner.
2. Documents and communicates issues found during the audit to the Senior Auditor in a timely manner.
3. Assists in risk assessment activities including scope surveys, risk assessment matrices and flowcharts of key controls.
4. Works with outside consultants and external audit providers in performing audit projects.
5. Assists Senior Auditor in preparing formal reports of audit results for distribution to Bank management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
6. Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
· Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting standards, internal audit principles and report writing techniques.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite and electronic workpapers.
· Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in order to work well with all levels of the organization.
· Good analytical skills
· Able to work independently and with a team and be able to grasp new concepts quickly, troubleshoot problems, multi-task and prioritize projects.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or other business related discipline and three plus years internal audit experience including at least one year of financial institution experience or five plus years equivalent work experience in internal audit.
· Preferred - CPA, CIA, CFSA, CFE or Master’s degree
Harvard Banking Center- Tulsa, OK
Part-time or Full-time:
F&M Bank and Trust Co. - 15 months ago