The Internal Auditor will be primarily responsible for the following:
Performs complex, value added professional internal auditing work. Work involves supporting the planning and execution of operational, compliance and financial audits; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing input to the development of the annual audit plan.
Assisting in the design and effectiveness testing of internal controls of the company’s key business controls as part of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program.
Candidate must be able to function independently under general supervision with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
This position can be located in either Irving, TX or Haywards Heath, UK.
• Performs the execution of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers questionnaires, composes summary memos, and prepares detailed working papers.
• Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations to enhance internal controls, maximize efficiency and minimize exposure to loss and regulatory risk using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed. Drafts audit comments and report issues to support findings identified during field work. Obtains management agreement on control issues and commitment to implement recommendations.
• Assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
• Assists corporate and site personnel with the ongoing design, maintenance and assessment of controls, including the creation and maintenance of process walkthroughs and controls documentation.
• Conduct periodic testing/assessment of controls.
• Provide Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls training to corporate and site personnel.
• Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
• Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships and certifications.
• Performs other related work as assigned by audit management.
• Travel for this position is expected to be 40%-50%.
Education and Experience:
• Accounting or Finance degree required, MBA a plus.
• CPA, CA, CIA, CISA certifications preferred.
• Two to five years of progressive, relevant experience, including previous auditor experience and / or experience in the design and assessment of internal controls.
• Experience in industry auditing and accounting. (Manufacturing/inventory experiences a plus)
• Foreign language(s) a significant plus: Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, etc.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Awareness of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
• Awareness of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• Awareness of requirements related to internal controls over financial reporting as set forth by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
• Knowledge of the COSO controls framework
• Capable of analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
• Capable of presenting issues, negotiating proper control responses, and resolving problems.
• Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
• Capable of effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
• Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Flowserve - 17 months ago
Flowserve is pumped about flow control equipment. After reorganizing in 2010 the company operates through two segments. Flow Control...