GP Strategies Corporation is a global performance improvement solutions provider of sales and technical training, e-learning solutions, management consulting, and engineering services. Our clients range from Fortune 500 companies such as Chrysler, Microsoft, General Motors, IBM, and Lockheed Martin to government organizations such as Naval Undersea Warfare Center and NASA. We are publicly traded (GPX on the NYSE) and employ more than 2,800 professionals who are the best in their respective fields.
GP Strategies is currently looking for an Internal Auditor for our global corporate headquarters in the Columbia, MD area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform testing of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting in accordance with internal SOX audit plans.
- Work in consult with SOX process owners to develop efficient controls and processes.
- Assist in documenting the company’s policies, procedures, and controls, and maintain SOX control documentation.
- Perform process walkthroughs to ensure SOX control documentation is correct.
- Provide input in planning and timing of SOX activities.
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of SOX audits, and recommend improvements in policies, procedures, and controls.
- Assist in modifying processes and controls based on testing results or external auditor recommendations.
- Communicate status of audit results to management and monitor on-going control remediation efforts.
- Perform additional process, performance, fraud, or compliance audits as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Two to four years of professional accounting or auditing experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISA or proactively working towards one of these certifications
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley audit requirements
Computer Skills Preferred:
- Strong logical/critical thinking skills
- Strong ethical framework
- Ability to work independently and detailed-oriented
- Strong communication and writing skills
GP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint