Goodman Global, Inc.
Houston-based Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P. is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. . Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman® and Amana® brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 950 total distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan. For more information, visit www.goodmanmfg.com .
T he Opportunity:
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Internal Auditor position. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website at www.careersatgoodman.com .
Goodman Manufacturing provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities.
- Conduct compliance audits of branch operations
- Conduct corporate audits
- Perform SOX-IT testing
- Develop, process and analyze various reports and data analytics
- Work on special projects
- Prepare reports with audit findings and recaps of other findings
- Perform checks, reconciliations, comparisons, and verifications of transactions and other matters in line with the approved audit programs
- Make recommendations to correct unsatisfactory conditions and to improve controls and operating efficiency
- Perform work in accordance with accepted professional standards
- Make informal presentations to management personnel concerned during and at the completion of examinations, reporting audit results and recommendations
- Position reports to VP of Internal Audit
- Degree from an accredited college/university
- 2+ years' work experience preferred
- Preferred internal control framework knowledge
- Finance & accounting experience
- Auditing experience a strong plus
- Database (Access), IDEA or ACL experience a strong plus
- Report writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience a plus, but not required
- CIA, CPA, CFE or other certifications a plus, but not required
- Microsoft Office proficiency required. Database experience a plus.
Goodman Manufacturing Company - 17 months ago
Goodman Manufacturing knows how to cool off a hot situation. The company makes heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment...