Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for managing the overall audit program (financial, operational, and IT), conducting some of the audits, and assisting an outside firm with other internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the system of internal controls.
- Work closely with the Finance, Compliance, and Operations departments.
- Perform or assist in conducting audits and assessments of company operations, financial reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Complete audits and projects within established deadlines.
- Participate in the performance of risk assessments, business process analysis, and compliance reviews.
- Provide recommendations to improve corporate accounting and financial reporting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Create work papers and provide support to management.
- SOX compliance
- Ensure auditing procedures are performed in compliance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards.
- Compliance with policies, plans, standards, laws and regulations which could have significant impact upon operations.
- Maintain updated knowledge of rules, regulations and standards in the fields of internal audit and accounting.
- Researches, identifies and communicates audit issues.
- Assist outside auditors in audits of company operations.
- Assist in the development of new audit programs.
- Assist in special projects as assigned by management or the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Member of the Risk Committee.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related major required.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, or CISA certification a plus.
- SOX experience.
- Prior operational and compliance audit experience a plus
- Knowledge of auditing procedures and systems.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches in our offices
- Free use of on-site fitness facility in Oakland, CA and New Haven, CT
- Fun events
Higher One - 21 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...