Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
Perform an independent appraisal of activity that examines and evaluates organizational activities as a service to management and the board of directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to understand, analyze and recommend improvements to the System of Accounting and Internal Controls
- Work closely with the Internal Audit Manager to complete routine compliance audits, control audits, operational audits and special projects as approved in the annual Audit Plan or requested by Management.
- Examine records of departments and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures.
- Prepare and organize audit workpapers to document procedures performed and to support findings and recommendations. Prepare Audit Report and review findings with Management.
- Knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel as well as an understanding of accounting systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree in either accounting or finance. C.I.A. or C.P.A. certification is preferred. 2 years plus experience in casino internal audit is preferred. 2 years plus of previous audit experience and/or two years of experience in casino operations required. This position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service and promoting a positive attitude to create a fun and entertaining experience for our guests and Cast Members. Must understand and speak the English language.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by a cast member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Something to leave you with:
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc. - 13 months ago