Type of Need
Is this position for internal applicants only?
Internal and External Applicants
Job Description (Do of the Job)
Hughes a subsidiary of EchoStar is hiring an Internal Auditor to join our Audit team at the corporate office location in Germantown, MD!
The EchoStar Internal Audit Department is a team of qualified professionals. The Internal Audit Team: (1) conducts audits and reviews; (2) administers the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley program; and (3) leads special projects on an ad hoc basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
International and domestic travel is required to carry out the Internal Audit Plan activities. Travel currently estimated to be 20% to 25%.
- Provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects
- Plan and execute SOX testing
- Plan and execute internal audit projects and other consulting projects as needed
- Analyze and conclude on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment
- Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Document and communicate audit and review results
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for clients
- Assist with audit committee materials and other management communications
Qualification/Skills (Know of the Job)
Bachelor 's degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred. Candidates may substitute non-accounting, finance or business degree with other field of study and relevant work experience.
Ability to work independently or in a team, ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, excellent communication skills, detail oriented.
Hughes Network Systems wrote the book on satellite data and Internet access network services. The pioneering company is a leading provider...