ITG is seeking a highly motivated Internal Auditor to join our growing Internal Audit team. This individual will participate in a wide range of financial, operational and IT audits and projects, as well as the Sarbanes Oxley program. The successful candidate would be a strong communicator, with strong accounting or financial skills, eager to learn about the ITG businesses. This individual will be a key member of the team, who will help shape the direction of Internal Audit as it grows.
- Audit Program:
Participate in complex financial, operational and IT audits of various business programs. This includes analyzing, assessing, and documenting related risks and controls, designing tests to assess the effectiveness of controls, evaluating compliance with ITG procedures, reviewing the accuracy of financial reporting, and identifying issues that warrant management’s attention. Communicate issues to stakeholders in a clear and precise manner, which includes drafting reports summarizing the results of reviews. Help identify leading internal audit practices for implementation.
- Sarbanes Oxley:
Participate in the annual Sarbanes Oxley compliance program. This includes conducting annual and ongoing significant account reviews, documenting key SOx controls, performing interim and year-end testing, and ensuring testing is properly documented within SOx work papers. Prepare write-ups of any deficiencies identified, and follow up on management responses to internal and external auditor recommendations.
- Special Projects:
Participate in special projects as needed.
- Open Issues:
Follow up on assigned open issues with management in a timely manner, verifying that action plans were implemented and address the issues identified.
- Audit Planning:
Assist in the development of a risk-based, current and relevant annual audit plan. Continuously re-assess and provide recommendations for areas to review.
- Business Knowledge & Relationships:
Continuously learn about and develop a deeper knowledge of the ITG businesses, competitive landscape, relevant rules and regulations, and audit and accounting processes and principles.
Enhance relationships with ITG management, through the development of relationships with the business, so that management increasingly values and seeks the contributions of Internal Audit as a trusted and skilled company resource.
- Analytical, oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively and efficiently elicit information from with and outside ITG, and professionally substantiate findings and conclusions.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, COBIT and auditing principles (as applicable).
- Interpersonal and interviewing skills, including good listening skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment,
- Good prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task on varying projects and initiatives.
- Knowledge of various computer applications/systems, as applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, accounting, IT, or other related discipline.
- 2 – 5 years experience in audit, accounting or finance preferred.
Interested candidates should send a resume to
and include Internal Auditor in the subject line.
Investment Technology Group, Inc. (ITG) is a specialized agency brokerage and financial technology company that partners with asset managers...