ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading provider of postsecondary degree programs designed to help students develop skills and knowledge they can use to pursue career opportunities in a variety of fields. At our more than 140 ITT Technical Institutes located in approximately 40 states and online, we predominately provide career-focused degree programs of study in fields involving technology, criminal justice, business, and nursing to approximately 80,000 students. Today, we continue to execute our model, add new programs of study, and grow at a very rapid pace!
The Internal Auditor conducts financial, compliance and operational audits to appraise the manner in which a department or function performs its responsibilities. Provides comprehensive and constructive feedback with written evaluation of internal controls.
- Plans and prepares audit work papers. Analyzes transactions and performs testing to determine the focus of the audit based on findings.
- Conducts internal audits in accordance with formal audit programs and internal control questionnaires to ensure appropriate controls and compliance exist.
- Interviews appropriate employees as part of the audit process and prepares reports of findings. Discusses in detail the audit findings with appropriate employees and executive management.
- Provides constructive advice and assists the auditee in understanding policies and procedures. Creates action plans and follows up with the school to ensure resolution.
- Ensures internal control systems are in place and documented in accordance with current regulations.
- Communicates trends and common areas of concern to the appropriate departments.
- Assists the Company's external auditors in performing audits.
- Collaborates with other departments to maintain awareness of changes being made throughout the Company. May represent the department on Company committees and projects.
- Attends professional development seminars and keeps abreast of new legislation and techniques in auditing.
At ITT Technical Institute, we are experiencing terrific growth and offer robust career development and advancement potential! We offer a competitive salary, 401(k), group medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, a tuition discount program of more than 50% for you and your immediate family members, and employee tuition reimbursement, just to name a few.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. A CPA or CIA designation is preferred.
- At least two years auditing, compliance review or related area. Experience within the educational industry or related field is preferred.
- Experience in organizing and writing correspondence, reports and presentations. Able to communicate information so others of all levels will understand.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills such as the ability to build cooperative relationships by being perceptive of others' reactions and understanding, why they react as they do and the ability to deliver negative information and receive unfavorable responses while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Efficiently and effectively utilize a personal computer and related software including Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Proven educational or administrative experience in solving problems for individuals or teams. Experience with analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and utilizing problem solving and judgment skills.
- Able to provide examples of using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong work ethic, timely and accurately organize, prioritize and complete all job responsibilities.
- Proven record of multi-tasking and ability to handle a high-pressure environment with timeline pressures.
- Past history of developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
Visit us at http://careers-itt-tech.icims.com to learn more about us and apply online.
ITT Technical Institute issues, on an annual basis, a Safety and Security Policies and Crime Statistics Report. The Report discloses information about our College’s safety and security policies and procedures, and statistics concerning the number of particular crimes reported to each College and local law enforcement agencies as occurring on each College’s premises or public property adjacent to the School. The Report serves to inform each College’s students, prospective students, employees and prospective employees of the existence and enforcement of the College's safety and security policies.
To access the Report for calendar year 2011 and a Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act Notice, go to: http://info.itt-tech.edu/CAMPUS_SAFETY .
ITT Technical Institute will provide a paper copy of the Report upon request.
ITT Educational Services Inc. - 15 months ago
ITT Educational Services, Inc. (ITT/ESI), is a provider of postsecondary degree programs in the United States based on revenue and student...