The Internal Auditor performs examinations, reviews and reporting to provide assurance, in conjunction with management and external auditors, that internal and external reporting is accurate and that financial statements fairly present actual operating results of the Company and that internal controls are appropriate, effective and efficient.
- Achieve the Internal Audit annual plan by performing audits, investigations, and reviews throughout the organization including scheduling, planning, testing and observation, preparation of work papers and documentation, reporting of deficiencies and follow-up with management.
- Assist in testing Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and key control process walkthroughs and testing.
- Assist external auditors by performing selected audit steps supporting the annual external audit process.
- Participate in the annual physical inventory process at branches and distribution centers.
- Perform audits at distribution facilities and regional offices.
- Participate in various corporate audits and special projects/management requests.
- Work as part of the internal audit team in monitoring and suggesting improvements in the company’s internal control environment including making operational recommendations resulting in improved sales, margins, operating expenses and management of working capital.
- Conduct sensitive and confidential investigations.
Summary of Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in accounting or auditing role
- Work experience in industrial distribution or other wholesale business in roles of Administrative Operations, Project Management or Inside Sales desirable
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong communications and report writing skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Skilled at using a wide variety of computer applications including handling large amounts of data and developing spreadsheets, presentations and analysis
Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information in a mature and sensitive manner
Ability to work well with people including all levels of the organization and external parties
Ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
Ability to travel up to 50%
Must possess initiative and be a self-starter who performs well with minimal supervision
Well organized and effective at time management and prioritization
Sound judgment and decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Advanced degree and/or professional designation, including CPA, CMA, CIA or CISA, desirable
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
Wesco International - 15 months ago