If you’ve been looking for an Outrageously Dependable company where character counts, then you’re home. Interstate Batteries, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, built its reputation on a great automotive battery, but look how much we’ve grown over the past 60 years! We now offer thousands of portable power solutions and accessories throughout North America, Australia, the Caribbean and Latin America. Take charge of your future and see if you have what it takes to be one of our 1,700 specially selected Team Members.
In this role, you will audit the activities of various operational distributorships for compliance with plans, policies (both operational and financial) and procedures prescribed by management. This person conducts both financial audits and physical/inventory audits, reports to Internal Audit Manager and/or Director and requires out of town travel. The potential advancement opportunities for the person in this role, could lead to Senior Auditor or Audit Manager.
WHAT WILL THIS PERSON DO:
- Determines proper accountability of assets through physical count, inventory and physical confirmation
- Reviews operational compliance with safety, HR & Legal and customer service standards
- Prepares and submits reports of results
- Presents, discusses and communicates report findings with upper management
- Prepares schedules, manages calendar, manages meetings, facilitates retrieval of information and uses laptop computer to input, retrieve and display audit information.
- On-site visits to operating facilities to gather field data, perform inventory counts, ride with route managers and perform safety inspections
- Interacts with customers when necessary
- Provides information and guidance to field personnel
- Enters information into audit program
- Prepares audit reports and participates in 360 reviews of other auditors reports
- Meetings to review audit reports with Internal Audit leadership and Operations management
- Pre audit data gathering for upcoming audit engagements
- Review, discuss and negotiate field responses to audit reports
- Accounting or Finance related degree or equivalent required
- 0-2 years operational and/or financial audit experience; training will be provided.
- Highly diplomatic and tactful with the ability to defuse the situations, should colleagues possibly be defensive about being audited
- Able to discern the material from the immaterial with respect to what is uncovered
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills - previous coaching, training experience is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills
- Accustomed to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- High degree of integrity
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Ability to travel 50% and lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Good driving record
Interstate Battery System of America provides the power for everything from cell phones and laptops to boats, lawn mowers, motorcycles, and...