Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, PaaS and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
drives business growth and profitability through strategic, financial and operational leadership. Our team is comprised of finance, accounting, supply chain, corporate strategy & development and tax professionals that support and enhance Intuit's operating efficiencies.
The Internal Audit department seeks a self-starter with strong technical skills, the capability to think and act independently, and the desire and ability to lead and inspire others.
Primary responsibilities may include the following:
Advise & assist process owners (PO's) with the following:
- Assessing risk around key internal controls over financial reporting and other key controls that support an effective COSO/COBIT internal control environment.
- With minimal direction from Internal Audit management, ability to compile and interpret key data points that will facilitate a risk based approach to implementing and maintaining a strong internal control environment.
- Perform technical analysis to ensure financial integrity and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Support internal customers through project management, training, education, consultation, data reporting and analysis.
- With minimal oversight, scope, plan, lead and execute internal control testing.
- Gain client agreement on root cause of issues and appropriate corrective actions while maintaining positive client relationships.
- Under limited supervision, act in an advisory and consulting role, including monitoring management's progress on remediation activities.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations. The candidate must be flexible, able to change priorities quickly, and have the capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Apply good judgment and decision-making skills in helping management prioritize and determine the most important risks that they need to focus on.
- Contribute to department improvement initiatives (e.g., identifying and implementing process improvements, designing and building small automation tools for use by the entire department).
- Perform walkthroughs of key processes to validate process documentation and risk identification.
- Participate in systems upgrades and enhancements as necessary to ensure that internal controls over financial reporting are adequately identified and addressed.
- Identify PO's and necessary resources required to meet timelines.
- Training on risk assessment, internal control identification and general deliverables.
- Update process documentation and risk assessment.
- Detect missing internal controls.
- Create internal control test plan.
- Perform testing of key controls.
- Classify and evaluate effectiveness of each control.
- Review test results.
- Monitor deficiency remediation.
- Review operating effectiveness of key controls and tests.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (Business).
- Experience working for a "Big 4" (or public) audit firm or internal audit SOX related experience (Minimum of 7-8 years).
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed, up to 25%.
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Strong understanding of larger-company finance and accounting and internal control practices.
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, multi-business unit environment across all levels of management and across business units and functions. Must be able to drive change in a fast-moving environment and work effectively across the organization, with operational as well as financial people.
- Strong technical accounting skills; ability to research and understand technical details, but also interpret and present in lay terms to non-technical finance and other business partners.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, strong written and oral communication skills, strong PC, worksheet and word processing skills.
- Experience with financial system implementations a plus.
- Background in documenting, designing and testing internal controls a plus.
. Intuit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be yourself. Be Intuit.
United States of America-California-San Diego
Intuit - 20 months ago
Intuit: Going Beyond Innovation
As the world evolves, so do we. Yet we remain driven by our passion for inventing solutions to solve...