Performs comprehensive audits; conducts and reports upon objective reviews for all company business activities, operations, financial systems, internal accounting controls and performance management systems. Inform internal customers of auditing results. Proactive consultation with internal customers i.e.: recommendations and implementation of actions; monitors results. Performs risk assessment and audit planning. Provides briefings and reviews to management and business units. Compiles and releases reports, including Periodic, Annual Summary/Scoring, and Periodic Board Reports. Perform special projects which are designed to assist internal customers, as directed. Refer to PMP technical factors for additional position accountabilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of audit, compliance, and best practices.
- Knowledge of process conformance, including tools and methodology.
- Understanding of the electric, water, wastewater business and supporting processes.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and verbal, to be utilized in clear, concise report writing and verbal presentations.
- Able to work effectively across processes ensuring effective handoff procedures, practices and measurements.
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of financial data, corporate scorecard information, and key performance indicators to support process performance.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting skills in working proactively with internal customers.
- Strong process and internal controls working knowledge
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. CPA, CIA preferred.
- Experience: Three plus years successful experience in performing audits, accounting or financial reporting function.
JEA is an equal opportunity and equal access employer that provides a safe, drug-free environment for its workers. Under F.S. 295, preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and eligible spouses. Veterans' preference in perpetuity: A person eligible for veterans' preference in appointment (defined by s. 295.07, FS) does not forfeit employment preference eligibility once that veteran or eligible spouse of the veteran has been employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state. Effective July 1, 2007, Florida law restores veterans' preference in employment for all categories of protected individuals previously employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state.
How To Apply
To be considered for this job opportunity, you must apply online at
. You must provide all required documents (e.g. High school diploma, GED equivalent, college transcripts, training documents, copies of professional licenses, DD214, etc) by attaching the documents to your electronic application by
Tuesday, 11:59pm August 13, 2013.
You can also fax your documents to 904-665-6192. Be sure to include a cover page
with your name, date, and the position that you are applying for. If you do not submit required documentation prior to the close date for each position that you are applying for, you will not be considered.
As long as sparks are flying in Jacksonville, everything is A-OK with JEA. The community-owned, not-for-profit utility provides electricity...