Objective / Purpose:
Protect Company assets by ensuring compliance with internal control procedures (SOPs). Responsible for performing financial and operational audits on resorts. Financial audits will include reviewing internal financial statements according to GAAP; controls over daily cash functions, inventory controls, bank and general ledger reconciliations; proper approvals and sign-offs; etc. Operational audits will consist of reviews for compliance with current SOP’s; vendor contracts; leases; third party contracts; etc.
Education / Certifications / Work/Industry Experience:
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of audit experience while working for a CPA firm or in an internal audit role, or equivalent
- Experience auditing hotels
- Stable job record
- Successful completion of management references and a background checks
- CPA,CIA, or CHAE certification, preferred
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of hotel accounting and operations and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Advanced knowledge of hospitality information systems including property management, point-of-sale and labor management systems.
- Must possess the utmost of personal integrity and have the ability to create and lead an organization culture of collaboration, both internally and externally.
- Successful candidate must maintain a valid driver's license.
Advanced knowledge of accounting systems including uniform systems of accounts.
Advanced knowledge of hospitality operational systems including property management and point-of-sale systems.
Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and statements.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team.
Proven leadership skills needed to manage projects.
Strong quantitative background in hospitality primarily focused on accounting, finance and operations.
Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated ability to address large groups of individuals, strong presentation and facilitation skills are essential.
Demonstrated analytical, innovative problem solving, and decision-making skills
Ability to establish a close working relationship with the company's ownership and exhibit excellence as a facilitator, mentor and manager as required.
Able to work independently exercising excellent judgment and maturity;
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities: Primary duties, tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures (SOPs) by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established timeline
Complete audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
Assess adequacy of internal control systems by completing audit questionnaires.
Maintain internal control systems by updating audit programs and questionnaires; recommending new policies and procedures.
Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees.
Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Communicate findings to senior management.
- The majority of time will be spent indoors in class A office space or touring current properties or potential development sites, which includes outdoor spaces.
- Incumbent must be comfortable working or conducting business meetings in person, via Skype, conference call, or over dinner.
- Due to the nature of this role, work hours may vary requiring flexibility, and ability to travel or change plans with minimal notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to walk, ride, sit, stoop, bend and crouch.
- Regularly required to travel by foot, four-wheel motorized ATV, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
Kessler Collection - 12 months ago