The Quality Management Internal Auditor wil l work individually or as part of a team conducting audits of various company departments and locations to verify accuracy of records, compliance of operations with prescribed plans, together with policies and procedures. The Internal Auditor will be responsible for checking and verifying process efficiencies against source documents and records, and auditing work procedures and methods of specified groups of employees. The Internal Auditor will also assist in preparation of audit reports and making recommendations for improvements and modifications in systems and procedures of areas audited.
· Audit MTM policies, procedures, manuals and processes to ensure compliance and process efficiency.
· Conduct reviews and work with Manager, Quality Management, to update policies and procedures as required.
· Monitor and report issues of non-compliance to the Manager, Quality Management, Vice President, Operations and other executive staff as needed.
· Compile weekly/monthly summaries of audit investigations, findings, and resolutions.
· Verify internal controls are properly in place to ensure continuous functioning of auditing process.
· Create relevant procedures, audit tools and tracking mechanisms.
· Perform activities to ensure ongoing compliance with URAC standards.
· Conduct necessary quality improvement projects for the Quality Improvement Program.
· Provide non-conformance reviews and recommend process improvements.
· Monitor and improve the efficiency and output of processes through observations and measurements, as well as through collection and interpretation of data from other operating personnel.
· Facilitate meetings with department heads to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions.
· Develop the methods and procedures required to identify whether current business processes and objectives meet organizational needs.
· Promote process improvements throughout the company.
· Compile weekly/monthly summary reports for designated projects.
· Identify potential risk issues and develop viable and cost-effective solutions.
· Create process change by integrating new processes with existing processes and communicate changes to appropriate department heads and staff.
· Establish scheduled project reviews and quality assurance procedures.
· Facilitate team and stakeholder meetings effectively.
· Assist and guide process owners in the assessment of processes for improvement and standardization opportunities.
· Lead project plans and provide direction for root cause analysis and corrective action of non-conformances, minimize rework, reduce cost and improve quality output.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage day-to-day execution of assigned projects and scope.
- Act as back-up to co-workers as required.
- Serve on MTM committees as assigned.
- Conduct all activities in a timely and responsible manner.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all department responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and Access required.
· Strong ability to make decisions applicable to job level and responsibilities required.
· Must possess excellent verbal/written communication and analytical skills.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills required.
· The ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment is required.
· Must be able to make solid judgment calls and handle confidential information in a professional manner.
· The ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization including senior management and business leaders is required
· Excellent time management and organizational skills required
· Public Accounting audit experience a plus
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in relevant field
· A minimum of 3 years corporate auditing experience required
· A minimum of one year quality related experience required
· Previous experience in process improvement facilitation, including documenting business processes, controls and models required
· Must display proven ability to apply professional concepts, experience and company objectives in order to perform an in-depth analysis of situations or data to resolve complex issues in creative ways.
MTM - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
MTM is a medical and transportation management company whose mission is to partner with clients in developing innovative...