Conduct reviews of assigned organizational and functional activities; evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls over these activities; execute financial audits in accordance with accepted standards; report findings and make recommendations to senior level management for improvements and reducing costs.
• Plan and perform financial audit engagements in accordance with pre-designed work programs.
• Perform audits of bank reconciliations, trial balances, and revenue and expense reconciliations.
• Identify control and process weaknesses, document main control points and provide evidential support for report recommendations.
• Prepare and deliver formal written and oral reports to senior management expressing conclusions/opinions on the effectiveness of processes reviewed and the efficiency with which operational activities are carried out.
• Prepare work papers to serve as support for the conclusions/opinions expressed in the written audit report.
• Coordinate and participate in special projects and investigations as they arise.
• Represent the Audit Department on special committees and task forces, as assigned.
• Serve in an advisory capacity to other Company functions with respect to matters related to internal controls.
• Provide assistance to the independent public accountants in their conduct of the quarterly and annual financial examination of the Company’s accounting records.
• Remain abreast of the latest developments with respect to accounting principles, auditing techniques, regulatory requirements and general business theory and trends.
• Maintain a high level of professional conduct.
• All other duties as assigned or required.
• 4 year Accounting or Finance degree required.
• 1-3 years auditing experience.
• Cable industry experience preferred.
• Travel requirement is approximately 30% (contiguous United States).
• Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.