Leading healthcare organizations partner with National Research Corporation to empower quality improvement across the continuum of care. By applying innovative, customer-centric performance measurement, improvement services, and governance education, healthcare organizations are better positioned to control costs and improve quality.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION:
The primary function of this position is to assist the Audit Committee, under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer in the areas of Internal Audit and SOX compliance. This position will also perform financial analyses and other accounting work as needed.
- Update and maintain the Company’s detailed controls documentation and risk control assessments.
- Understand effective business process controls and risk assessment methodologies; test controls and be able to communicate and advise others as required.
- Keep up to date in SEC and PCAOB requirements for 404 assertion process; maintain knowledge in effective business process internal controls.
- Develop educational and training materials on 404 process and COSO framework.
- Liaise with External Audit on their testing for operating effectiveness; assist in determination of testing needed for management assertion.
- Assist in evaluation of overall effectiveness of framework as input to management for assertion; assist in preparation of disclosure.
- Perform financial analyses and other accounting work as required.
- B.S. in Accounting and/or Finance. CPA and/or CIA required.
- Minimum of three years work experience in External or Internal Audit in public accounting or corporate accounting organizations. Experience in developing, testing, and maintaining controls for compliance with Section 404 (Sarbanes-Oxley, SOX) is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to clearly convey information and ideas to all levels within the Company, as well as to External Auditors. Must be able to prioritize and to manage time to ensure that work is completed efficiently under tight deadlines. Must be able to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities, draw appropriate conclusions based on analysis of the data. Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork are essential to work effectively with all groups.
- MS Office applications, Excel, and Word are required.