Newport Corporation |
(NASDAQ: NEWP) is a globally recognized leader in advanced technology products and solutions for fields such as Research, Life & Health Science, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Manufacturing, Semiconductors, and Microelectronics. Our nearly 40 years of industry knowledge and expertise crosses a broad range of technologies, allowing us to continually deliver innovative products and solutions in a myriad of areas such as: Lasers and Light Sources, Opto-mechanical Components and Mounts, Optical Filters and Gratings, Spectroscopic and Photonic Instruments, Vibration Control, Motion Systems, Robotics and Automation, Advanced Packaging and Customized Systems.
The Internal Audit Staff role will require the applicant to:
· Execute SOX compliance and internal audits within established business process controls.
· Identify risks and controls related to financial reporting and business processes.
· Assist in preparing audit plans and identify the specific areas to be evaluated.
· Communicate audit results to management both verbally and written reports.
· Work with the auditees to assist and implement remediation programs for issues identified during the audit process.
· Assist with process optimization to improve efficiency and effectiveness of existing processes.
· May facilitate work with the external auditors during on-site visits.
· Strong knowledge of SAP business processes.
Candidates should have 3-4 years experience in a SOX compliance / internal audit role.
Travel will be domestic and international approximately 25%.
The position will commence January 2014.
Newport Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; short and long-term disability insurance; life/AD&D insurance; flexible spending accounts; continuing education reimbursement (must be employed as a full-time/regular employee for six months and have Management approval for eligibility); an employee stock purchase plan; a quarterly incentive program; 401(k) retirement benefits; and a Section 529 college savings program