SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Vice President of Internal Audit, the Senior Associate provides audit services and special project support to EMSC. The Senior Associate will assist in identifying and solving business process and control problems and provide recommendations for improvement. The Senior Associate will ensure that audit concerns are properly communicated to the Vice President of Internal Audit. The Senior Associate will also be an active participant in EMSC’s Sarbanes-Oxley initiative. Initial travel requirement will be higher than normal due to effort to achieve SOX compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing internal audit plan as assigned by Vice President of Internal Audit.
- Responsible for Finance and Accounting documentation as it relates to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (302 & 404)
- Identify and communicate internal control deficiencies; document and communicate changes to the internal control system.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone’s responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in special projects on an as needed basis
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- CPA, CIA or other relevant designation preferred, will consider individuals currently working to attain such certifications
- Related college degree
- Minimum of 4 years work experience
- Internal or External Audit experience
- Experience in Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts (COSO)
- Working knowledge of GAAP
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and ability to excel in a team environment with internal and external contacts
- Ability to travel up to 30% and work a flexible schedule to meet deadlines
Pinnacle Partners In Medicine - 13 months ago