The Internal Auditor is responsible for planning and conducting operational and compliance audits to evaluate compliance with corporate policies and procedures and the effectiveness of internal corporate controls in compliance with all local, state and federal civil, criminal and administrative laws, including fraud and abuse laws, Medicare Conditions of Participation, Stark and Anti-kickback statute, EMTALA, HIPAA, Corporate Code of Conduct, as well as corporate policies and procedures. This will be achieved by conducting appropriate financial, compliance and performance audits, and engaging in compliance activities under direction of the Chief Compliance Officer. The Internal Auditor will also effectively recommend improvements in control systems.
- Post-secondary degree in Business or Finance.
- Minimum 3-5 years healthcare compliance/audit experience.
- Demonstrated technical auditing knowledge required.
- Certified Healthcare Auditor (CHA)/Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification preferred.
- Up to 60% travel required.
Promise Healthcare - 16 months ago